News updates, press releases, exclusive announcements about the series and the creators straight from the studios at South Park.
In "Bloody Mary" what are the 12 Steps in AA?
Good eye, dude! Here's "The Twelve Steps", as they appear on that board in "Bloody Mary" (914). And keep in mind, this isn't something made up by Matt and Trey -- this is right on point with Alcoholics Anonymous' actual 12 Step Program:
1. Admit that you are powerless over your drinking.
2. Believe that a power greater than yourself can help you.
3. Turn your life over to God as you understand him.
4. Make a moral inventory.
5. Admit to God the exact nature of your wrongs.
6. Be ready to have God remove you of your defects.
7. Humbly ask god to remove your shortcomings.
8. Make a list of the people you harm, and become willing to make amends to them all.
9. Make amends to those people whenever possible, except when to do so would injure others.
10. Continue to take a personal inventory and when you are wrong promptly admit it.
11. Seek through prayer and mediation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understand him, praying only for knowledge of his will for you and the power to carry that out.
12. Once you have a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, you tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these steps in all of your life.